Main | 06/13/05 Posting

My Food ID

1) My favorite foods are any kind of fruit. My favorite fruit is a peach, but I like all kinds. They go well with so many different things, but I like them the best just plain.

My least favorite kind of food is sea food. The only type of fish/sea food that I really like are salmon and shrimp. It's not that I hate other kinds, but I would rather be eating something else.

2) My favorite place to eat on a free Friday night is probably TGIFridays because I know a couple of people that work there, it's a fun environment, and I like the food.

3) For thanksgiving, my family always has a large variety of foods such as turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, stuffing (both made inside and out), broccoli salad, regular salad, mashed potatoes, dip, wine, lemon meringue pie, pumpkin pie, cranberry salad, and some other things. I will usually try everything that is there, but never sweet potatoes, I think they're gross.

4) The most unusual thing I've ever eaten would have to be reindeer tongue. It is pretty much what it sounds like, I ate it at a Christmas party one year- never again.

5) As a cook, I would describe myself as inexperienced. I've never really had to cook for any reason. When I do cook something, it usually turns out pretty well. The most common things I cook are cakes and cookies.

6) For a typical weeknight dinner, I would usually eat with about 40 girls and an 80 year-old woman (our house mom). I lived in my sorority house for the school year, so we had a cook (Amber) for lunch and dinners.

7) Growing up, my mom did most of the cooking. Although my mom does work, she would get home before my dad, so she was primarily the one who cooked for the family.

8) Almost all of the food at our house comes from the grocery store. Although we used to grow avacados and lemons at my old house, we can't do that here. Sometimes my mom will go to the farmer's market, but not as much anymore. We used to have raspberry and blackberry bushes, but I think they died last year. We have a cherry tree in our front yard, so my mom, dad, or sister usually make a pie at some point.

Posted by grif0214 at June 13, 2005 12:23 PM

Wow not only do great minds think alike, but they eat alike too.

Thanks for this post.

Posted by: Cheap BlackBerry at September 27, 2009 7:27 PM