Finally, a new update!

So, yeah. I havent written in a while. But right now Im super board and sick. I called in sick to work today. So Im just relaxing and watching some 'Starting Over' on channel 11. I move into my new apartment in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Im excited. I bought a new lamp, and my new bedding arrived today...yeah things like that excite me. I left my phoen at Anne's last night and I just know im missing TONS of calls. Speaking of Anne and I...were going to see GWEN STEFANI. Thats right, 2nd row from the stage. And I know that Gwen is going to ask me to party with her backstage. Anne can wait in the car...Well I gotta be going now, those crossword puzzles dont fill in themselves!

Posted by gril0029 at 3:00 PM

Tom Cruise is a douchebag!

K, so my new goal in life is to update my blog more often. Im probably going to be having a lot of spare computer time from now on, i am done training at work so now i get to sit at my little cubicle by myself waiting for calls. So, pretty much i'll be spending my days on facebook and checking away messages. Soooo, i still dont really know what to write in this thing....I'll tell you all about my weekend. On friday night i went to Emilia's w/ Anne and Andy, we didnt stay very long and i dropped the 2 of them off at the melrose at like 12:30...really exciting. On Saturday Nick and I went to Lake City. So my wonderful sister Anna leads me to believe that my dad is actually going to be down there. So Nick and I drive down there and get there at 1 and it turns out my dad is not there. To make the day not a total waste we decide to have lunch at the restaurant connected to our condo. The service was so bad it was almost laughable. We were there for an hour and a half. The people next to us sat down ate paid and left before we got our food. When we actually got our food we thought it was a joke. I recieved a total of 2 chicken strips for my meal, and Nick got some lovely broiled chicken that looked like they dug it out of the garbage and slapped it on a plate. Anyways, my dad's friends gave us beer and that made us happy because beer always makes me happy. Later after my dad got down there we went jet skiing. On Sunday I went downtown to get my dress for Lisa Theunissen's wedding. It is sooooooooo cute. Its white and teal from BCBG. I love it!!!!!!!!! On Sunday night I went and saw "Crash" with my mom, its a good movie i highly recoommend it. Today I went to my mom's cousins house and got a little tipsy. I had fun getting aquainted with my second cousins who I never talk to, but finally overcame my shyness around them with some liquid courage. After that I went over to a girls house in Woodbury to watch fireworks and continue on with my tipsyness. It was fun. No I am home and its 1:30 and I have to work at 8:30 (tommorow?) morning. So I am off to bed feeling very pleased that I have provided you all with another interesting and hard hitting blog entry and oh, dont you love that it had nothing to do with the tittle?

Posted by gril0029 at 1:23 AM

Yeah, Im still alive

Sooo I havent written in a really long time, 21 days to be exact. I know my fans and adoring public have been aching those last 21 days. Well, I've been busy with work and sleeping and homework. Also, not much has happened to me recently that is blog-worthy. I started my new job at the Star Tribune. Its kinda boring, but its better than standing around folding jeans for 8 hours. The pay is pretty good too. On Tuesday Im going to Valley Fair with my sister. Her work is sponsering all the employees to go to Valley Fair and they each get to bring a guest. So my sis is bringing me, cuz Im her favorite....actually her boyfriend has to work and thats why she asked me, but oh well....Oh, have I mentioned how unbelievably poor I am right now? Lets see i have 6 whole dollars in my savings, credit card is $15 over the limit, and my checking acount??? negative dollars. Thank god I get my first pay check on Friday. Well, I must go now, Im going to my papys house for fathers day

Posted by gril0029 at 4:42 PM

Tourists Should Be Banned From Mall of America!!!

mid_03.gif

So, I went to the mall of america today...BIG MISTAKE. I should have known what I was getting myself into when I exited the freeway. Cars kept cutting me off and changing lanes at the last minute, like they have no clue where they are going. One thing that makes me laugh though, is how the tourists park so far away from the mall, in those parking lots across the street. I dont know, maybe the ramps are for Minnesotans only? Anyways, I get into the mall and its chaos. There are so many people walking around holding maps and they dont watch where they are going. Also, no tourist trip is complete with out stopping the 8 people in your group in the middle of the hall to have your picture taken in front of the damn Disney store. I know this is easy for me to say because I've been going to the mall since it opened, but come on people its a mall for christs sake! You dont need your picture taken in front of each of the 400+ stores!. On the plus side, I did get a really cute pair of pants and a shirt from Urban Outfitters, so the day wasnt a total waste.

Posted by gril0029 at 4:20 PM

Michael: RIP

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of the day that my awesome cat Michael died. I dont have a picture of Michael, so here is a pic of my other deseased cat, Honey.
honey.jpg

Posted by gril0029 at 12:13 AM

Finally Something Interesting...

Al Franken buys townhouse in Minneapolis
Bob Von Sternberg, Star Tribune
May 20, 2005 FRANKEN0520

By year's end, comedian Al Franken will be a Minnesotan again, taking a big step toward possibly running for the U. S. Senate seat held by Norm Coleman.

"It's one of the things I need to do if I decide to make a run," Franken said from his current home in New York. "I haven't made the decision yet, but if I do, I'll have to have been living in Minnesota a while."

Franken, 53, said he and his wife, Frannie, bought a townhouse in a new development on the edge of downtown Minneapolis late last month.

He plans to shuttle between his two homes between now and the beginning of 2006, when he also plans to relocate his daily three-hour radio show broadcast on the liberal Air America network to Minnesota.

"I haven't figured out the details or the staffing yet," Franken said.

For the past 18 months he has been publicly flirting with the idea of running for the seat once held by his friend and political mentor, U.S. Sen. Paul Wellstone, who died in a plane crash in 2002.

Franken, who grew up in St. Louis Park, has not lived in Minnesota since he was 22.

"But I've always come home a lot, mostly to visit my mom, who passed away a year and a half ago," he said. "And I've always had a lot of friends there. Like a lot of people who live in Manhattan, after all these years I still consider myself a Minnesotan."

In addition, now that the Frankens' two children are grown, "it feels like we're empty-nesters, so this is something we can do," he said. "When they were younger, I didn't want to uproot them."

Franken's comedic career began with Dudley Riggs' improvisational troupe and carried him to the "Saturday Night Live" TV show, where he was both a performer and a writer. His work has become more overtly political and partisan in recent years, made abundantly clear in his most recent book, "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right."

He worked for Democratic candidates, including Sen. John Kerry, during last year's election campaign and has made occasional stump appearances in Minnesota this year.

Two factors -- the reach of the Air America network and the rest of the senatorial field -- will have a big effect on whether Franken jumps into the race.

"Those are the other aspects of the calculus," he said. "It'll depend how important the show is, how big of a platform that'll be for me. And what if someone emerges who has a better chance to beat Norm? If somebody does, I'll campaign for them."

He's not yet certain whether a formally declared candidacy would force him off the air, as it did former Gov. Jesse Ventura, another radio talk-show host, who launched an improbable run for Minnesota's governorship in 1998.

"I've still got to look at the rules," Franken said. "I've got to look at the [FCC's] rules and make sure I obey the letter of the law -- probably the spirit, too."

Posted by gril0029 at 4:45 PM

Jenny is watching

Hello. I am at the melrose. Jenny was standing behind me reciting the opening lines from Strangers with Candy. So today I had to clean window sills with a toothbrush and q-tips. It was great fun. We are going to go to Subway soon. Jenny is going to get a bacon chicken ranch sandwich. God my blog updates rock. I've done nothing this past week so I really dont have much to talk about. I did get my popular dvds in the mail so that has kept me entertained. I got Anne and Jenny hooked on them too. Its pretty much the best show ever made. Im taking my drug test for my new job on Monday. Hopefully I'll pass, i did do a lot of crack last week though. My cousin had a baby yesterday her name is Kate. Ok, I've bored myself enough. See ya never!

Posted by gril0029 at 9:22 PM

At Home

I am officialy moved out of the dorms and good riddance! No more showering with shoes on and eating food that is a step above jail food. I cant wait to live a the Melrose next year, hopefuly with Jenny and Anne thanks to my dad bitching out the leasing staff. So now I have a month in front of me of doing absolutlely nothing to do until I start my job on June 6th. RIght now im watching Heavy Weights (one of the best movies ever) on the Disney channel, yeah Im cool. Once again, I have nothing profound and interesting to write...so yeah...see ya never.

Posted by gril0029 at 7:57 PM

Finally a new update!

So, people have been nagging me to update my blog so here I am. I am not sure what to write in this. Hmmmm.... So I just got done with my bio final and I am way too tired to contemplate whether or not I did well. I got a call from Wet Seal today about a second interview. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction to save me from summer #3 at Marshall Fields. I really wish I had something profound and interesting to write about but I am just too damn tired. Maybe later today after a sufficient nap I will write more.

Posted by gril0029 at 11:40 AM

Some Fun Quotes

Here are some awesome quotes by the guy from the 700 club. I stole them from the facebook group the 700 club is shameless propaganda:

Pat Robertson Quotes:

"There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the Constitution. It is a lie of the Left and we are not going to take it anymore."

"We have a court that has essentially stuck its finger in God's eye and said we're going to legislate you out of the schools. We're going to take your commandments from off the courthouse steps in various states. We're not going to let little children read the commandments of God. We're not going to let the Bible be read, no prayer in our schools. We have insulted God at the highest levels of our government. And then we say, "Why does this happen?" Well, why it's happening is that God Almighty is lifting his protection from us."

"The Constitution of the United States, for instance, is a marvelous document for self-government by the Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian people and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society. And that's what's been happening."

"The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians."

"To see Americans become followers of Islam is nothing short of insanity.... The Islamic people, the Arabs, were the ones who captured Africans, put them in slavery, and sent them to America as slaves. Why would the people in America want to embrace the religion of slavers."

Continue reading "Some Fun Quotes"
Posted by gril0029 at 4:42 PM