« Governor Pawlenty Urges State Employees to Take Days Off | Main | GM CEO Fired »

Two People Dead After Shooting

Two people are dead after a shooting and a police chase near Big Lake, thePioneer Press reports.

Peter Tek, 42, reportedly shot his girlfriend’s son at the family’s home in Big Lake. Cheth Tek told the Star Tribune that Peter Tek and his girlfriend went to a party and got home around 2 a.m. Saturday. Tek was involved in an altercation with Savang Sath,27, and two females. Tek shot Sath twice and held the two women hostage for about 20 minutes, Tek left with Sath’s mother.

Police were called at 3:08 a.m. Deputies discovered Sath’s body and were told that Tek was in a Lincoln Navigator.

Tek called his ex-wife and told her that he had killed his girlfriend’s son, and hinted to his son, Phath Bauer, that he was going to kill himself.

“I won’t be able to see you and your sister grow up, and for that I’m very sorry,” Tek said.

Bauer told the Star Tribune that he didn’t realize his father was implying suicide.

“He expressed his love for me, my sister, and my mom. I told him, ‘ I love you too, dad.’” Bauer told the Star Tribune.

Around two hours later, on a barricaded section of Interstate 94, Tek released his girlfriend and shot himself in the head.

Besides Bauer, Tek is survived by a 15-year-old daughter and his parents.