How do you afford your Oulipian lifestyle

"The more constraints one imposes, the more one frees oneself of the chains that shackle the spirit... the arbitrariness of the constraint only serves to obtain precision of execution."
- Igor Stravinsky

This is a quote on top of http://www.nous.org.uk/oulipo.html, a website dedicated to the OiLiPo.

I have been thinking about the fact that the Oulipian theory can be applied to more than just writing. How great would it be if people applied to all that they do in life? I think much of the ideas and thoughts behind the OiLiPo is to welcome change-be spontanious. So much of our life revolves around routines. If you thin about it, it is ncredibly hard to change daily routines. I think that if we just let ourselves go, much like you do in Oulipian writing, then much of the rigidness in society would be gone. People would be more relaxed and comfortable being themselves. It would be great, but it would also take some training, mayeb even years of training. An Oulipan lifestyle would be hard to live at first. But, just like the writing- it gets easier as you go. I wonder if

Posted by groo0018 at December 15, 2005 12:47 AM