« Day 8: April 17, 2008 | Main | Day 10: April 24, 2008 »

Day 9: April 22, 2008

Morning.

April 22. Almost end of semester. Must stay focused... must.... stay...... oh look a cat!

A few announcements, and the chance for students to ask question. Good, good.

Ooh.... we're watching an episode of South Park. Sweeeet. It's the episode with the Internet that's gone down. Amusing stuff.

After the episode (with some explicit stuff skipped!), we're now talking about globalization.

Glazed donuts. I really like them. I could eat one right now. And I'm tired. And you know WHY I'm tired? My dog, whenever there's a thunderstorm, likes to clamber all over my head during the night. So there's me, all grown up, being a good student by getting a good night's sleep. And then there's my dog, a 9lb Shih tzu, with no respect for the sleep deprived, doing the clamber dance on my noggin, trembling all the while. So my sleep became a continual de-leeching of my dog from my face throughout the blustery night.

Well, after a discussion of globalization, interspersed with some video, we're done. A dryer class, to be sure, but definitely went over quite well with the South Park episode to lighten the mood. Appreciated.

Please tell me why I just spent all of my last evening trying to come up with a way to make globalization understandable, palatable ... relatable to my students' lives?

I could have told dog stories... I have a few... I could've shown the explicit part of the "South Park."

Oh well. Next Tuesday.

Seriously, if you're going to show the explicit parts of South Park, you may as well show some porn...

...

...
...
...

Hey I've got a great idea! Why don't you show some po...

*William gets slapped in the face and buried in a field*

Seriously, though, I thought the class was fine. Really. I mean there's only SO much you can do to make globalization a thrill-ride, isn't there?

A good friend of mine (who's an English professor) said to me once: "Why are we always being called upon to make classes fun and enjoyable? Surely you're there to learn, not to be entertained?"

I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission. Terri Nachmias

My sister recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This article truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Cheers, Austin Barnwell