« Two Minneapolis police officers asked to leave | Main

Wild out of playoffs

The Minnesota Wild were beaten Saturday night 2-1 by the Colorado Avalance, ending their 2007-2008 season, the Star Tribune reported .
The Wild held on to push the best of seven series to six games, but in the end, the Avalanche proved to be too much for them.
"To lose in the first round again is very disappointing," veteran Brian Rolston told the Star Tribune. "[Colorado goalie Jose] Theodore definitely played a role in this series. In a series like this, a hot goalie can take you out. I think that's what happened.
"I thought we outplayed them badly at home, and he snuck out two wins. Tonight, we had enough to get a bounce go our way. It wasn't like last year. We thought we were in this one."
"It was two games that we played better than them and didn't come out with the win (Games 1 and 5), and it cost us the series," Wild winger Stephane Veilleux told the Pioneer Press.
Wild star Marion Gaborik scored only one goal in the series, which will leave him with much of the burden in the Wild's loss, the Pioneer Press reported.
"Tough loss, but we have nothing to be ashamed of. Everybody left everything out there," Gaborik told the Pioneer Press. "Producing and stuff, I wish I would have made a difference. It was very tight out there. They did a great job defensively.
"Either it was tight or there was Theodore ... things didn't work out like I wanted them to."