Been a while

Been a while since I blogged, probably because I feel guilty that I haven't scrapped lately. I am going to challenge myself to at least a page a week. I promise that I won't buy anything until I scarp at least three pages : ). Well unless I really need it. Maybe that way I'll get with the program.

I would love to hear from more people about how they motivate themselves!

Posted by gruwell at 9:22 PM | Thoughts

Scrappin at last!

I finally went scrappin last friday! It was great to get two paged that had been buggin me out of the way/ Two more ledt for this book and then I can move on to other things!

Posted by gruwell at 10:07 PM | General Comments

Feeling Lazy

Not too motivated still, but I have made a date with some friends to go scrapping. Should be fun. We'll go to a scrap night at a local store...can't wait, I have lots of "ner" thing to try out. I also want to get jump started again.

Posted by gruwell at 8:01 PM | Thoughts

Journaling

Do you like to journal. I do, but sometimes its hard to get started. I just recently bought a Creative Memories journaling template. I hope to put it to good use.

Usually I tend to find poems that I think are appropriate for the pictures. But I really think it would be nice to get into journaling and write more descriptive explanantions for the pages that I scrap. I plan to start this weekend by finishing a book that I have been working on for over a year. I want to move on to other things, but I feel compelled to finish one first. Just three more pages to go. Lets see what happens this weekend.

Cindy

Posted by gruwell at 8:29 PM | Thoughts

Paper

I love all kinds of paper and have slowly accumulated a fair amount. The best investment made was a SLAB pal from Michael's. Course them Michael's and JoAnn run coupons all the time as well as the fact that they take each others coupons. Great for high priced items.

Posted by gruwell at 3:26 AM | General Comments

Ebay Revisited

As mentioned in the comment on Ebay it is indeed a dangerous place to go. As for myself I do keep a mental checklist of items that I want or am interested in. What is nice about Ebay is that you can factor in shipping and place a limit on how high you'll go. In addition you can use strtegies to get at the best prices.

For instrance I wanted a Creative Memories Corner Rounder. I bid and watched several for sale, but let them go when they went over $5. Then I caught several ending at 5:00 in the morning and watched the bid for a while and finally won it for $.15. Granted the shippiing is about $3.50, but I still come out ahead.

Easy to get out of control, but you can get some good prices.

Cindy

Posted by gruwell at 8:26 PM | Thoughts

Motivation

Greetings All....

I wonder sometimes where people get the motivation to scrap. Much as I like to do it, I find that I somtimes lack the motivation and energy to do it.

What inspires you!

Posted by gruwell at 10:59 PM | Thoughts

Checking out Ebay

I was in search of creative memories items and decided to look on Ebay. Well of course I found several things to bid on, but I restrained myself. I did bid on the corner clipper, which is what I was looking, for...but they also had a lot of other things that I liked...

Do any of you ever go there????

C

Posted by gruwell at 10:16 PM | Tips

Photo Organizing Tips

Thanks for the comment about getting organized. I am amzed at how many photos I have. Some of which I definitely want to scrap and others that can simply go in a book.

Besides my own I have extended family pics from both my mom and dad. Some vintage. I wish I could take a week and do nothing but scrap, but...

I did go on a scarpping weekend and actually completed 13 pages...it was fun, relaxing and great to ideas from others...

C

Posted by gruwell at 9:05 AM | Tips

Organizing Photos

I have lots of phots to organize and can never seem to get started. Do you have any tips. Perhaps if I set a monthly goal I would get more done. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

Posted by gruwell at 5:34 AM | Tips