Motivation | Main | Paper

Ebay Revisited

As mentioned in the comment on Ebay it is indeed a dangerous place to go. As for myself I do keep a mental checklist of items that I want or am interested in. What is nice about Ebay is that you can factor in shipping and place a limit on how high you'll go. In addition you can use strtegies to get at the best prices.

For instrance I wanted a Creative Memories Corner Rounder. I bid and watched several for sale, but let them go when they went over $5. Then I caught several ending at 5:00 in the morning and watched the bid for a while and finally won it for $.15. Granted the shippiing is about $3.50, but I still come out ahead.

Easy to get out of control, but you can get some good prices.

Cindy

Posted by gruwell at March 3, 2005 8:26 PM | Thoughts

Wow, that IS worth it!! I may have to check that out, too :) That sure beats the inflated prices at the shops. It's easy to spend $50 (or more) in those places. I think I've got enough "stuff" to keep me busy for awhile: I've got a few albums, tons of photos & momentos, embellishments and such. The thing I really need right now is more paper. I don't know which size you work with mostly, but I like the 12 X 12's.

Do you do any journaling? So far, I've just been putting small comments by my pix. I wouldn't mind some journaling, but I've seen some books where it's all writing and it doesn't really stand out or anything. I'd like to do a little more than I currently do, but i don't really know what to say. If there's a specific story about the picture, then I'll write a little more. I got totally stuck the last time I was scrapping because I was doing travel pages from our two trips to London (the second being our honeymoon) and I wanted to use the tube & train stubs and make a fold out thingy and I was trying to log on it places we went, etc, but couldn't think of a good way to write it all down other than just listing it. It just seemed kind of blah so I put it away and haven't touched it since!! Grr!

Posted by: RR at March 3, 2005 10:01 PM

I haven't done a tremendouse amount of journaling, but I would like to do more. I think its nice to write down your thoughts and extended descriptions of your pictures.

I did buy a stamp from Stampin Up that lets you to journal in shapes. Right now I'm waiting for a creative memories template that I just bought off of Ebay. It has larger spaces for journaling.

Usually I write a little but I tend to use "poems" that I either buy at the store or if you go to
this site: http://dmarie.com/asp/poems.asp?action=queryform
they have really nice poems. I print them off my computer and use them...

Posted by: Cindy at March 4, 2005 3:20 AM