HELP, HELP, HELP! | Main

Fall Updates

This semester is a change of pace for me. I'm only taking one class (Qual. with Paul) and I'm taking 10 of my Masters Thesis credits. Naturally that's taking up the bulk of my time. I'm studying how sexual behavior influences attitudes about marriage and cohabitation in college students. As far as assistantships I'm 25% TA for 1101 which has been extremely fun but a lot of work and 25% RA for Bill on the Healthy Marriage Resource Center. I've also continued my ties with Project READY out of BYU. I've been trying desperately to start getting some publications out the door and I've got two that I'm working on drafts for. One is with Jodi here on how desire to marry it related to risk behaviors in college students and another is a conceptual piece with Jason Carroll from BYU on looking at emerging adulthood through the conceptual lens of marriage (we're hoping this will be the first of a series of 3 or 4 articles using the Project READY data). I've also got two posters awaiting acceptance for a conference next Spring. If I ever find time Im trying to put a fellowship application in to NIH and get a proposal together for teaching next summer.....oh yeah and my wife is having a baby any day now.

Posted by bwilloug at September 21, 2005 11:07 AM

That's incredibly a lot of work! I admire you, Brian.

Posted by: Jaerim at September 23, 2005 2:37 PM

Ah, so what you're saying is that not much is going on? Wow, you're certainly in the mix these days!
Say, how is your wife handling the end of the third trimester? Jared mentioned to me that she has had bedrest...I imagine that must be a strain on you guys--Is there anything you need in the next week or next few weeks? (Hot meals, childcare help, those teenie diapers, baby clothes, someone to teach your class for a session, etc.?)

Posted by: Gregg at September 22, 2005 10:45 PM