October 2004 | Main | December 2004

Classes

What are you guys taking next semester? You don't have to list your classes if you don't want to, but I'd like to know what you guys are doing in the Spring and if I have any classes with you.

I'm taking Quantitative Research, a Housing Studies Class, the first PPF class, and Family Policy Research.

Posted by kschneid at 6:52 PM

Potluck Pictures

Thank you for this great work, Gregg!

Paul and Pa Nhia told me that they could not see the pictures. I guess this is because U of M Webmail does not support to view html documents. If you have not seen them, please try this link (These two lines are one url address).
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jaeriml/album?.dir=/8b9f&.src=ph&.tok
=phnhdGCBcCsTPqJu

Pictures are not so clear since I mostly turned off flash. Mary and Kristin, sorry that I did not have a better picture of you. I will remove them in a week for your privacy. Have a wonderful upcoming week!

Posted by jalee at 6:24 PM

Ideas for Extracurricular Activities?

Is anyone interested in a regular monthly restaurant run somewhere?

Posted by gschache at 3:30 PM

Try to post a citation for comment here...

SELF-EVALUATION AND CHOICE: AN EXISTENTIAL VIEW OF PARADOXICAL TREATMENTS.

Author: Akillas Emmanuel
From: Psychological reports
Date: 20010401
Volume: 88
Issue: 2
ISSN: 0033-2941
Pages: 377-

Posted by gschache at 3:21 PM

Provocative Quotes...

I found this quote in a book aimed at social workers called "The Call of Service" by Robert Coles (1993). I'm curious if this grabs anyone like it did me? (no preface, I'll just get to the guts):
p. 33 "As he shared his concerns with us, I remember what I used to hear from William Carlos Williams in a similar vein. He once talked of the 'zeal' with which we 'take to labels of all kinds.' He explained, 'We crave certainty; we love to put a period at the end of a sentence, and that is that. But take a look at people, a real close look, and you'll find inconsistencies and contradictions--and that's where a closer look is needed, not a category or a definition that tells you, that reassures you: all right, you've got it!"

Posted by gschache at 9:58 PM