Southern California Highway Shootings
A fatal freeway shooting Sunday morning in Southern California is under investigation at this time, according the International Herald Tribune.
A second nonfatal highway shooting was already under investigation in Long Beach at the time of Fernando Valley freeway crash, according to the Herald Tribune. The man shot in that accident was hospitalized and treated for non-life-threatening injuries and told authorities it was a case of extreme road-rage.
Rescue crews responded to reports of a rolled over vehicle and finding the man had been shot in the head, they transported him to the hospital in critical condition, where he later died, reported the International Herald Tribune.
Los Angeles police officer Norma Eisenman told reporters that there are â€śno witnesses, no informationâ€? at this time.
The victim of the fatal crash was unidentified except as being a 25 to 30 year-old man, according the LA Times.
These two incidents are the latest in a string of highway shootings, according the International Herald Tribune.
A 46-year-old man was shot while driving on a freeway northeast of Los Angeles in late February.
A 26-year-old man was killed after a shooting in San Fernando Valley on March 1. Two weeks later a 54-year-old woman was found shot in the head in a car crashed on a freeway in eastern Los Angeles County.