Thirty-six days.

As I am packing up my apartment and being outside as much as possible in the beautiful Duluth weather, I can hardly believe that I will be leaving for Spain in a few short weeks! The last few days have been filled with buying tickets and attempting to make Spanish food in preparation for our trip! My friend and I made Paella last night, which is a traditional Spanish dish made of rice, vegetables, and seafood; we improvised with chicken, however!

I will be studying in Salamanca, a city of around 160,000 people, which is not much bigger than my hometown of Duluth. The University of Salamanca, where I will be taking classes every day, is known for the students who come to learn Spanish. I just found out that I will be living with a single woman in her 60s when I am there. I think the experience of living with in a home will be so incredible. I can't wait to be there!

Hi Rebecca, I am just checking in as I am in England at the moment with two of my students. Actually they just left for London for a couple of days. What are the dates of your departure? I am sure that you are getting excited about your journey. When the time approaches it would be nice if you gave us a tentative itinerary for your studies. Thanks and I will be following your blog. Howard.

Hi Rebecca, what's the status of your trip. I am excited to see your reactions and perceptions of life in Spain. Keep us posted at least every couple of days. Best wishes.

Howard Mooers

This page contains a single entry by haavi008 published on May 27, 2010 8:58 PM.

Adjusting to my new life! is the next entry in this blog.