¡Viva Espana!

I couldn't believe the excitement as we watched the finals of the World Cup in the Plaza Mayor. I never thought I would get the chance to be part of such an incredible event! When the goal was scored, the entire plaza erupted. I have never seen anything like it!

We were talking throughout the day about the Spaniards pride for their country. Even though I am extremely proud to be an American, I feel that there is often so much division within our country that people often rarely identify with a unified nation. It was so amazing to see an entire country come behind the team and offer support in anyway they could! Every conversation I had ended with Viva Espana! and I rarely doubt many Spaniards missed the game!

Everywhere we go, people are ready to talk about Spain, the culture, the history and the people. It's beautiful and it makes me want to learn more about the traditions and different cultures that make up the United States.

This page contains a single entry by haavi008 published on July 12, 2010 3:09 PM.

Pictures.....still working on it! was the previous entry in this blog.

Culture....always adjusting:) is the next entry in this blog.