Conflicting reports on Joe Paterno's actions in Sandusky scandal

Head coach of the Penn State football team Joe Paterno is being questioned on how he reacted in 2002 after receiving information regarding a child sexual abuse allegations regarding his defensive coordinator of 32 years, Jerry Sandusky.

According to The New York Times, Paterno was informed by a graduate student that he had seen Sandusky sexually harassing a 10-year-old boy in the football facility's showers.

Paterno did not call the police. Rather, Paterno had a meeting with the school's athletic director telling him of the witness' account.

ESPN reports that Paterno released a statement saying he felt he acted appropriately under the circumstances.

"While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can't help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred," Paterno said.