Who uses Pinterest? What activities and behaviors are they engaged in? What kinds of products are they "pinning"? Why?
Pinterest, a popular online "pinning" service and social network, has a unique demographic skew. Pinterest is the only major social network that is SO heavily female-driven. Amongst American women ages 18-44 engaged in social media, Pinterest is the third most widely used site, falling short only to Facebook and Twitter.
The Social Habit, a new social media research series from Edison Research, has recently released a stand-alone report called Pinterest Users in America 2012. This data provides more than 30 all-new, data-rich charts of data about the popular service, including the following:
- Comparative usage to other social networks
- Impact of Pinterest on purchase behavior
- How Pinterest browsers buy products seen on Pinterest
- What types of products are pinned
- Differential pinning reasons for 12 categories of products, including Food, Fashion, Gadgets, Travel and more
The report can be purchased for $99 here.