What Lies Ahead for Market Research?

Hey guys, check out this video I found about the future of market research.

I found this video interesting because it pointed out a couple things I hadn't thought about before. First, falling survey participation rates are creating A LOT of nonresponse error. This means that less representative samples are being produced. Second, the slack there is being picked up by professional survey respondents, which can really bring under fire the credibility of data from surveys and other forms of research.

I think that while some of these more traditional methods of market research are being scrutinized, there is an incredible wealth of sources of information for research firms to explore that is more and more prevalent every day.

What do you think about the future of research? Do we need to change the way we think about current research methods?