Eating disorders I find fascinating, because not only are they something that goes against our very need for survival, they seem to be extremely prevalent in a country that also mirrors extreme obesity, yet the causes for the two are very extreme differences in which body size matters as a control factor. Anorexics and bulimics are often set in combination with depression or intense anxiety disorders. The need for a controlling aspect such as either food, exercise, or body size becomes a stability platform in which is extremely scary and dangerous. This runs through my family and is very close to myself as well so it is more interesting to see it through the psych component as well.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/anorexia-nervosa

Blog #3 Sibling Order

I researched some info on birthing order that I found extremely accurate. I was an only child for 11 years and feel very connected to the leadership and extremely conscious and caregiver attitude that is generally given to first born. My second oldest sibling is Mitchell, and because of the huge age difference he is also seen as a first born according to research because he did not experience my limelight shadow in athletics and school. My sister is the third oldest and she is very much the middle child who is over shadowed by mitchell but is very much the peace maker in all of the arguments between my little siblings. Owen who is the youngest relies on his personality to get attention and is much more humouristic than an intellectual.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500172_162-511694.html

I have noticed that psychology was absolutely right in the rule of applying first dates with intensified emotions and linking those emotions with the person that happened to be with you at the time. I was once on a date where we went to the county fair; and the ride broke down with us on it, and I had never been so terrified locked in a cage ride dangling sideways for 45 minutes while they fixed the ride. I ended up having a very strong sense of trust and attachment with that person and we actually dated for about 9 months after that.

Therapy

It seems that in psychology there are many many types of therapy that are used to treat many symptoms and disorders. However it seems that none of these types or practices are proven to work despite positive effects on patients. Which draws the question is all of therapy a placebo. However some things such as extinction of fears does work, so there is am argument there as well. I would like to think that not all of therapy is a placebo effect. Anyone else have opinions?

I personally find the ideas of Freud very interesting especially his theories about the id, who, and superego. After some more thought on the matter it would seem that proletariat with psychological disorders would be a perfect case for the existence of these three things. For instance, socio/psychopaths would seem to show an obvious lack of superego and ego letting the id so whatever it wants and not conforming to social norms or humane behavior. Has anyone else come to this conclusion? Discuss?

Flashbulb memories

I find the idea surrounding flashbulb memories to be very interesting. I however seem to remember things differently, for instance I have almost no flashbulb memories that are as vivid as the ones described in the book. However I do have a much more vivid memory when it. Comes to text, such as reading textbooks or doing flashcards. Does anyone else seem to have a memory more like this? Just curious.

While scanning the tables of contents, I was hoping to find a chapter title that would grab me by the shirt and yank me right in. Emotion and Motivation was the one that really caught my eye, and at first I didn't know why. Then it occurred to me; I relate. Ever since coming to college these two human aspects have played an incredibly large role in my life, and I was curious to know why.
To summarize, this chapter discusses "what moves us." It tells of the different theories of emotion that cause our feelings, the nonverbal expressions and why they were "created," the science behind happiness and self esteem, how our wants and needs drive our motivation, and delves into a few of the worlds greatest issues: attraction, love, and hate.
What I found most interesting (and which you may think is sappy) was the section regarding love and attraction. The thing is, again, I relate. Since June of last summer, I have been in a long-distance relationship with my girlfriend who goes to USAFA. While reading this section, it amazed me how "true" it all sounded. It split love into three different categories: intimacy, passion, and commitment. I think that's what I like so much about psychology, is the way that it takes everyday occurrences and describes them in ways that we can all understand and try to relate to. As you can see, I enjoy being able to "relate" to things!

As I said in my other blog entry about how body weight affect your health. I think I would not remember one or two specific term but I will remember the concept of living healthily. I personally consider health is the most precious fortune through your life. No matter how much money you make or how high social status you standing at. Without a good health, you can't have all those things. I am very glad that I made it to lose weight and maintain a healthy life style.
I always say that if I have a child in the future, I will help him to develop some sports hobbies. So that he/she does not have to do what I have went through. Today I am standing here telling people I lost 110 lbs in one year, but no one knows how hard and devastating the process was. That is what I sacrificed to get a good health.

The interesting thing about taking psychology class is that one can always find that same thing had happened to yourself too. As I am watching the video about the Bugs Bunny in Disneyland and many people claim that they have seen, touched and took picture with the Bugs. I remember when I was in my first grade, there was someone wrote swear word on a girl's text book who sits next to me. She reported to the teacher and the teacher said it is my handwriting. But I swear to got I did not do it and have no memory of it. But the teacher insist is my handwriting and threaten me that she gonna send the book to the police and have them analyze the handwriting with my homework. And if they match I will be sent to prison.( Now I think the teacher was vicious!) So i was convinced that I wrote on her text book. I created the whole memory that the reason that I wrote on her book was because she made fun of me the other day. It is interesting to know about the false memory and I can finally figure out why I pledge guilty when I was a kid

Bugs Bunny is very Open. If you've ever seen his cartoon's he is always dressed up disguised and very welcoming in any situation. He doesn't discriminate against gender, species, or age. With a smile on his face or a smart remark on his tongue Bugs Bunny is definitely carries the open characteristic. Conscientiousness, I'm not so sure about. Whether he knows where his attitude will take him or not he still manages to get in trouble. But on the other side he always gets out of the situation in his favor! Extraversion, yes! Agreeableness, that again depends on his motive and the situation. And Neuroticism also depends on the situation. Gordon Allport's idiographics would say Bugs Bunny is very adaptive to the scene.

Fair Fox is a character I created. If she ever met Bugs Bunny he would get a feel for her character. Being she is very Open. She's a trickster. The total opposite of her name. Deceiving. But she'll let you know she's a fox for a reason. Neuroticism is her main characteristic. Fair does not at all have the Conscientiousness characteristic. She's going with the wind and flying in the breeze. Not very Extraverted or Agreeable. Only when in her favor she has those characteristics.

If Bugs Bunny met Fair Fox he would take on a very smooth aura, the James Avery Bugs Bunny. Suited and Booted he would suddenly become a womanizer. Eventually if not too blind to see her trickster attitude he would play her games also.

Recent Assets

• mind.jpg
  • masks.jpg
  • gay-wedding-cake.jpg
  • mila_kunis_50j3k.jpeg
  • Bourne Identity.jpg
  • 3D-goldfish-paintings-riusuke-fukahori-5.jpg
  • brain.jpg
  • Phineas_gage_-_1868_skull_diagram.jpg
  • images.jpg
  • google-cartoon-01.gif