***This blog has been re-launched at: blog.GlowWordBooks.com
How to Create Romance
For V-day, some friends (and a poor, blogless soul) went out for steaks. It was a great evening, but not particularly romantic. Walking home, I thought of some romance-inducing tips to keep in mind for next year....
- Reservations for Two are better than three.
- Use a one-to-one male-to-female ratio. Two-single-guys to one-taken-female is a poor mix unless all parties own a gay cowboy/plummer/rake salesman movie.
- When* spilling salad on yourself, brush it off casually and apologize. Don't eat lettuce off your shirt one piece at a time... commenting about the tasty dressing will not distract from the fact that you are picking iceberg off your sweatshirt with your grubby-little-butt-pickers.
- Avoid eating garlic/onion and all meats that stick between your teeth.
- Don't take spicy dipping sauce down the wrong pipe and scare the wait-staff into thinking your choking. Even if it's a ploy to get more olive aioli sauce.
Posted by steveh at February 15, 2006 4:29 PM