« The First Assignment | Main | Thoughts on a Hypothesis »

A first crack...

________________________________________

__Hypothesis

This spring, the University of Minnesota sent seven students (including myself) on a life-changing ‘study abroad’ journey to Katrina-devastated Biloxi, Mississippi. The clear need for humanitarian efforts to help families in Biloxi and on the Gulf Coast opened my eyes to similar needs unmet here in Minnesota. Biloxi is my inspiration to constantly endeavor.

Working in downtown Minneapolis this summer, I walk the long blocks of Nicollet Mall each day. The street is flanked with shops and bustling with the activity of many business people. But those same long stretches of streets, shops, and business people, house the homeless. On an average walk to and from work, passing eight homeless people isn’t out of the ordinary.

The National Law Center on in 50 cities found that in virtually every city, the city's official estimated number of homeless people greatly exceeded the number of emergency shelter and transitional housing spaces..........[more to come].

__Thesis Statement

“Everybody wants the same thing, rich or poor … not only a warm, dry room, but a shelter for the soul.?

[more to come]

Yay Matt! I'm proud of you. Good start and we'll miss you tonight. This is probably a good way to get comments on your writing without risking a parking ticket!

hey matt,
great job getting your "first crack" on here. i think that it is a good start. the question that i would ask is, "do you see a building/built space as the culmination of this thesis?" (as opposed to more of a written theory/manifesto). if so, then i am looking forward to your definition of a "shelter for the soul" and how you are going to execute the creation of such (which will obviously be the body of your thesis paper).

anyway, nice work!

justin

For those who have especially fair skin then you might discover that you are more susceptible to moles. That is frequent among people with lighter pores and skin and this is the cause why they need to visit higher lengths to safeguard on their own from the sun’s dangerous effects.

Hi, i read your blog sometimes and that i personal the same one and i was just questioning if you happen to get a whole lot of spam feedback? If that's the case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you can advocate? I'm getting so much these days it's driving me mad so any assist is very much appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this. sex chat sexchat

Properly, this is my very first go to to your weblog! We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a neighborhood throughout the same niche. Your weblog provided us helpful info to work on. You will have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

I have to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the dangerous grammar, however this weblog is hideous! I imply, I dont need to sound like a know-it-all or anything, however could you could have presumably put a little bit extra effort into this subject. Its really fascinating, but you dont signify it well at all, man. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colors or the unhealthy grammar, but this weblog is hideous! I imply, I dont want to sound like a know-it-all or anything, however may you've probably put slightly bit extra effort into this subject. Its really attention-grabbing, but you dont symbolize it well in any respect, man. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

I've been making an attempt to Gain entry to this web site for a while. I used to be utilizing IE then once I tried Firefox, it labored just effective? Just wanted to bring this to your attention. This is actually good blog. I have a bunch myself. I actually admire your design. I know that is off matter however,did you make this design yourself,or buy from someplace? Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.