All About Me

My name is Ashley Hanson and I am in Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. I decided to advance my education at the University of Minnesota because I feel that this university offers a good way to "get your feet wet" in the business world as it is located in the heart of the Twin Cities.

I am undecided as of what career path to choose once my secondary education is complete. I have always had a passion for helping people, especially children in need, so I may end up working in an administrative position at a children's hospital or women's shelter.

I am currently employed as a Personal Care Assistant for a seven-year-old boy who suffers from Down Syndrome, Fatal Alcohol Syndrome and early childhood neglect. This job requires that I assist this child in the basic everyday activities such as earting, bathing and walking. This job also intails that I assist the child in learning new ways of communicating to the world and this child is in the early stages of beginning to speak. Working as a Personal Care Assistant has taught me so much and I wish I could say that I have taught this remarkable young child as much as he has taught me!