Baby one more time

"Hit me baby one more time" is probably one of the most recognizable phrases from a song from the 90s. Every time I hear those lyrics I can hear the beat in my head without even trying it just pops in there. This may be because I have an older sister who played it all the time when I was younger so its engrained in my mind or because it's just that popular. Actually my sister playing it so much shows how popular it really was. Teen girls or even girls in general saw Britney Spears and heard her sing and instantly wanted to be her. Not only did they want to be her in theory they actually wanted to dress like her look like her and even act like her, and this started a huge domino effect. Now it's no surprise that people idolize their favorite celebrity but this just seems different to me, it seems much more drastic. Girls mirrored her image at a much younger age no matter how young they were they wanted to dress like her which was not necessarily a good thing. There's not really a nice way to put it she just dressed slutty and this is no way for younger girls to dress, it could be understandable for older girls to dress like her but then that means that the younger girls that look up to that girl want to dress like her too. A good example would be two sisters one that is 18 and one that is 12 if the 18 year old one dresses slutty then sure enough the younger one will too. People nowadays don't realize how much of an influence they have on others so they just do what they want to do without thought Britney spears made this video and made it famous and started a trend of looking slutty that has just snowballed more and more to the point where if a girl doesn't show something guys treat her differently than they would some girl in short shorts and a low cut t-shirt. People these days don't use their heads enough and a lot of the bad influences on them that they don't realize are famous musicians.