Fuck the Police

Fuck the police has quite a shock factor as a song title. When I heard that song for the first time I couldn't help but think "how can they just say this over and over again?" But then I began to analyze where they were coming from and the motivation behind the song. Before I go any further let me just say that I am quite a big rap fan. Rap has much more meaning than people think when people first hear it they can't even process what is going on so they instantly write it off saying it is garbage. These people need to take the time and listen to rap and not only rap but it needs to be the right kind of rap because in my eyes there are three kinds. First there is the "yo mama yo mama smoke a bowl get money get women" this rap may be fun to listen to at a party maybe or in a few occasions. Next there is the main stream meaningful rap, the best example for this would be Jay-Z now his songs have sort of a combination of trying to be popular and having meaning. The motivation he has is split between showing a message and being famous which isn't bad but there is one ore kind. There is the underground or not famous rappers, the best example I know of is Atmosphere all of his songs fueled by a message and a meaning. He couldn't care less if he got 2 million views on youtube because all he sees that as is that 2 million people found a connection with my song and cared to listen about my life for their own benefit. These are the true rappers they rap about the struggles, the highs, the lows, the real life stuff and the reason they rap is to express themselves and to help people essentially. Have you ever listened to a song maybe after a break up or something and it just summed up everything you felt in a span of 3 minutes with a nice beat in the background. That is rap is about to express yourself and hope somebody out there can draw a connection to your story. Fuck the police is quite the powerful saying but who knows what the true meaning behind it is so who are you to say that it is garbage?