Main | Careeer Opportunity »

Purpose of the Blog

I have created this blog for Nursing and Healthcare Administration students at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing. You are welcome to post questions about your programs, share information relevant to your learning experiences, discuss issues that are relevant to your areas of study. Please feel free to use this blog to interact with colleagues in the NHCSA track. Helen

As I site possessor I believe the content material here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

Hi, I will follow your post. many thanks.

Kristin:
Thanks for signing on. I have hoped that this site would be helpful for the NHCSA students, and perhaps we can get some momentum going. For those of you who are going to be doing your practica next fall and spring, this would be an especially good way to become acquainted with each other and share some interests and questions. Helen

My advice.. please add forum for nursing students

I think that introductions would be wonderful - I rarely have classes with other Administration students, so probably know the MHA students better than the NHCSA students - as for the naming, we have to find something with a better acronym - NHCSA is way to long and people don't have any idea what it is - MHA is easy to say and once you hear what it is, you remember what it stands for...

My introduction:

My name is Kristin Roers. I am currently the Associate Nurse Manager for the Med/Surg & Critical Care Float Pools at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital in St Louis Park, MN. I just started this position in May but am loving it so far - gets a little overwhelming some days, but I really enjoy it. I was a Med/Surg & Oncology nurse for a few years prior to this change - I also worked in Human Resources for 3+ years prior to becoming a nurse. I have a BS in Economics and a BS in Nursing from South Dakota State University - I got the first in 1999, the second in 2004.

My hospital experience includes Med/Surg/Oncology at St Joseph's Hospital in St Paul and Advanced Care Oncology at Methodist.

I started this program in January of 2006. I only have 3 classes after this semester - just hanging out waiting for the capstone courses to be offered in the fall/spring, so I will graduate in May 2009.

That's me in a really small nutshell - I hope others post intros as well - it will be nice to know a few of you!

Kristin Roers

Haven't participated in a blog before but I like to try new experiences. Wasn't sure what to put in URL field under "Post a Comment" but guessed should put URL address noted under "TrackBack URL for this entry:"
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/48729

Hope I it was the correct action!

Anyone there looking ahead to DNP after receiving NHCSA masters? Thanks - Diana

Hello... I think this is going to be agreat way to network and get answers to questions!!

On that line...HealthPartners is looking for asupervisor for their CareLine (Telephone triage service)... Let me know if you would like the details of if you know of someone who may be interested...

Helen
I am looking forward to communicating through this blog. How many students are in this track? Would introductions be helpful?
Liz Isaacson

Sounds great!!
It will be very helpful. I hope many people utilize this site well.
thank you helen.