« third time's the charm!!! | Main | My Rant Blog! »

Gotta think of a new organization!

Oh geez, I'm horrible at keeping this web blog up to date. I'm probably so far behind. I'll just have to write more often to catch up I guess.

Well, apparently some people weren't able to get into the volunteering agency of their choice. I'm one of those unfortunate people, but thats quite alright. Although I would've really enjoyed working at the Children's Hospital, I'm willing to go to another place for volunteering hours. No problem whatsoever!

My next choice, I think, would be the Open Arms place. There you make meals for those who have AIDS and HIV, I believe. I need to look more into that for better information about it. But I think I would have a lot of fun with that! I do enjoy to cook, and I have yet to kill someone with my cooking! Perhaps it will also give me more practice for when I'm truly out living on my own cooking for myself (eck!). Also, I do want to help out those who aren't able to cook for themselves. I don't know how much I would be able to interract with the people who would be recieving these meals (because I don't have a car), which is a bit of a downer, but oh well! I'm sure I'd be able to meet many interesting characters who also volunteer there!

The other place that was mentioned was the homeless shelter for men. I don't know if I would want to do that. For one, I'm already limited with sleep with all the hours I put into my studies. On average I get about 5 hours a day, and I need all the sleep I can get! Also, its going to be in a room full of guys. I know we've all been told that nothing bad will happen to us, and I can believe that. Its just that I don't think I would feel comfortable in that environment. I don't know, but I do believe that where ever one decides on volunteering they should feel safe in their environments. I just dont think that organization is for me.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something in the next few days! It'll be good!

As for the next paper that is coming up, I have no idea what to do it on. My major is aerospace engineering, and I want to focus on astronomical engineering, but I have no idea what to do with that for this essay. I thought prehaps writing about the controversy dealing with whether or not we put men on the moon. But then again, that sounds like a weak thesis. Then a friend brought up an interesting topic, which deals with superheros, like whether or not it is possible to have superheros. I thought that would be a very fun issue to research, it is quite interesting! However, its not really linked to my major. But I think I could somehow link it to my major by talking about the physics of it all. I don't know. I'm going to talk to the teacher about it later.

Well, that is enough I think for this entry! I'm definitely going to try to post more! Hope it was enjoyed!