« Gotta think of a new organization! | Main | Superheros, Physics, and Essays Dont Mix Very Well... »

My Rant Blog!

For those who don't want to read about another person's problems, stop here!

I usually try not to complain a lot around people because I know that that can get a bit annoying after a while. However, I do believe that it can be good for people to just get some things off their chests once in a while. I personally find that I feel much better after I do that. So, here is my rant blog!

Right now in my life, I'm experiencing so much stress! It feels like I'm carrying a large burden sometimes because of all the stress that I have to handle, and the muscles in my back start to hurt. I sometimes feel like I can even sympathize with Atlas and how he has to carry the world on his shoulders. Now that this stress has finally caught up with me and I feel all I just need to do is to just let it all out in a rant. What more of a perfect place to do that than a blog, right?

First of all, life in college certainly isn't what I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but I thought i would get so much more extra time. Only taking 4 or 5 courses, compared to my 7 or 8 in high school, I thought it was going to be easy! Geez was I wrong. But I'm definitely trying to meet the challenge that college has to offer. I'm actually trying to keep up a perfect attendance and I'm working as hard as I can in my classes. I want to succeed! The problem is that it certainly is taking a toll on me. As I mentioned in previous blogs, I only get about 5 hours of sleep a day, on average. I don't have much time to take care of myself! I fear I'm losing weight (which isn't good in my case), and I have gray hairs! I'm only 19 and I have gray hairs (hopefully its only a genetic thing)!

But what makes is it worse is that I live among people who enjoy to party all the time. They party almost every weekend, and sleep in until the afternoon. The get drunk a lot. Its fairly annoying when you studying in the dorms and you see people totally drunk. And then you wake up early in the morning for your classes while they sleep in until the afternoon. One instance, I remember it was a Tuesday, and I had already gone through 9 of my classes for the week, and my roommate had only went to one of hers. However, I did feel better about myself when I saw her grade point average. But I still hear stories of people miraculously getting As and Bs in their classes with little to no work involved, and here I am working as hard as I can to manage my classes. It just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Another thing that is a bit of a stressor is that I'm dating a wonderful guy who lives 300 miles away from me. I started dating him nearly a year before I left for college, and we didn't want to break up when it was time for me to go. But of course, we get very limited contact with each other. What we resorted to is talking over the internet, but even that isn't all that great. I miss him a lot. What i wouldn't give to just hug him! I see people here who are dating and are able to see their boyfriends/girlfriends every day if they so wished, and I wish I was able to do the same thing. What I especially hate seeing is when people who are in relationships take it for granted that they are able to see each other everyday. That as well isn't fair, that these two people can see each other more often than my boyfriend and I, and they take it for granted.

But what keeps me on my feet and not having emotional break downs every other day are my friends. They aren't the party type and they care about their studies as much as I do. They understand what I'm going through and I can confide with them, as they can with me. I've got to thank them more.

So that was my rant. I feel better already.

Oh hun i am so sorry you are having a tough time! I don't think you are alone I am always stressed out too! I know you would think that we have so much extra time only going to class a few hours of the day but we dont! Who ever said college was a blast was obvisously one of the non stop partiers and drinkers. Keep your head up and don't forget to breathe it is ok everyonce in a while to take a moment for yourself! Best of luck.