« buzzed and really fatigued | Main | YES!!!! Finally... »

Finally...

It appears that I might actually have a place to volunteer at! woot! Its certainly been long enough, and a heck of a lot of stress was involved as well! I sent in the application and called the people, so now basically I wait and hope to God that I get a volunteering position there!

The place I will be at is called the Minneapolis Homeless Shelter, or better known as PSP. It looks like a really cool place! They have a lot of positions there for volunteers. They need volunteers in food delivery, tutoring, children's activity assistant, and the list goes on! So the chances of there being an open position for volunteers looks good! I'm excited that things are finally being put into place!

One thing that is keeping me concerned is that if I do not get all the hours needed for this class its going to affect my grade, or I'll get an incomplete or something. I hope that doesn't happen. I talked to Mr. Pierson about it, and he said I shouldn't get an incomplete, but I'm still a bit worried about my grade. I hope it doesn't affect it, because I've been working hard in this class. I've never been good at writing and compositions, even though I do try really hard to write my best. And since I'm in college and all, I want to do well!

Speaking of compositions! I finished my last composition about anti-matter powered engines and quite happy its done! It was so hard and quite tedious trying to find good evidence! I found it a bit hard to believe that something from National Geographic wasn't credible enough for the essay. I also had to look at this one document in microfiche form, and I got so motion sick looking at the screen. ugh... oh well! Its done and over with! Now we are doing our next essay that I'm having a bit more fun writing about!

In our next essay we are supposed to reflect on our experiences in our volunteering jobs. However, since I haven't been able to volunteer at all this semester, I used previous volunteering experiences that I had in the past. I decided to write about the children I watched at the nursery of my church and how impressionable their minds are! I talked about how they can learn so much in the first few years without any prior knowledge of the world, but in the same way be gullible. I watched many children grow up and learn how to walk, speak, and recognize things around them only within a span of about 2 years! And of course, I would use the fact that they were rather naive to my advantage. In one instance, the other nursery attendants and I convinced this little girl that a giraffe said "GIRAFFE!" and a peacock said "PEACOCK!". We had a lot of fun with that, as evil as we were!

But yeah, I really enjoyed myself when writing this essay. I hope others will enjoy reading it as well!

Well, I'm off! Gotta study for my physics test! Eck! Wish me luck!