« 2nd Overnight Stay at Simpson | Main

Overall analysis of my experience at Simpson

Looking back at my volunteer experience at Simpson Housing I’m definitely glad that I did it. I originally took this course because I procrastinated in registering for my classes and by the time I did it was one of the few left that satisfied my general. I think this was a blessing in disguise. I’ve always known that it was “good? to do volunteer work, but I feel like this class helped me get a better understanding of how it helps and why it is important. People who are more fortunate naturally should help those less fortunate, to make the world a better place for everyone. I realize that is kind of cliché, but I can’t think of a better way to say it.
The only regret I have about Simpson is that it wasn’t very “hands on? work. I was simply there to supervise and make sure nothing went wrong with any of the guests. Working towards some sort of goal that will directly benefit those less fortunate seems to me like it would be much more rewarding. For example, I think it would be a great experience to help build low-income houses for the homeless. Even preparing meals would be satisfactory. I plan to continue my work at Simpson next fall. I think as I gain more experience there, I will slowly gain more responsibility and will be able to have a greater positive influence on the guests. In the meantime, I’m going to keep my eyes open for other opportunities around the community.