« Technology & African Americans | Main | The Social Worlds of Immigrants »

African Americans Versus Technology

I personally was not a very big fan of this passage. I do not agree with a lot of what the author say and I do not believe he as a very good understanding of the black culture, I think like many he misunderstands the black culture. The biggest misconception I get from his work would be that all blacks are alike. Some blacks just like people in other races are behind in technology and yes blacks do have the lowest numbers in areas susch as computer engineering and being doctors or lawyers but I am not sure how much of that has to do with slavery and cotton gins or how much of it even as to do with not knowing how to deal with technology or being behind in the technological world. I definately do not believe that we are behind in the political world either. Though there has yet to be a black president balcks have indeed become an active part in politics. Look at this years turn outs in the election democrats sweeping both the house and the senate in the election and who are the biggest supporters of democrats usually people of color and women. Not mention that both Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell were both great bodies in the government and Rice still is currently. I just took offense to his article because I fill it greatly incorrect and that maybe someone should not be writing on such a large topic so broadly in such an unsupported way. I disagree with the thought that rappers and basketball players influence kids black or not majorly when it comes to how they carry themselves. I have never agreed with the media influences children I believe if you teach your children correctly they will lives by their beliefs which should not be that easily broken by television and music. I think black boys who have a passion for rap and basketball may admire the Michael Jordans and the Coolios but they don't choose to be who they are because they are imitating these celebrities but t they merely like these celebrities because they have similiar interest. Most importantly though is the fact that lots of African Americans are able to use and understand the functions of technoolgy and I believe what is holdiong most of them back is money and not much else. And generatin after generation black families are trying to better themselves so that the next can be even better and make their way through school and a career in technology

Here some links,
http://buygenericviagr.forumlivre.com/
buy generic biagra [url=http://buygenericviagr.forumlivre.com/]buy generic biagra[/url]

Wow, fantastic website layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is excellent, let alone the content! Donette Agib

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

I would like to thnkx for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a great example of it.