Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands. What are they and why are they important? Adrenal glands are often referred to as giving you the "fight or flight" response. There are two that are situated right above each kidney. They produce adrenaline and cortisol hormones that boost energy production in muscle cells. You might have heard the story of a woman lifting a vehicle off of her baby. This feat is obviously impossible without the help of some adrenaline. How crazy is it that two little parts of our bodies can give you the strength to do something seemingly impossible? This topic stood out to me because my younger brother had major problems with his adrenal glands shutting down. It got to the point where he could not get out of bed. Most doctors thought he was faking it. Is it true since they are greatly affected by what's going on in our head? How do we decipher the difference between a mental illness and physical illness when they can be so closely relatd? If this part of our body is so important, why don't we know more about it? Naturalnews.com states that modern day living is very stressful which often puts the adrenal glands under constant stress that should be counteracted. I think more people need to learn about this part of our bodies in order to live a healthier lifestyle. Adrenal glands also affect the salt content of the body, which in turn affects the measure of one's blood pressure. They affect many aspects of our lives. Right now, I'm sure mine are pumping out stress hormones about this psych exam tomorrow..

http://www.NaturalNews.com/026405_stress_sugar_fatigue.html