« MPCA/MACA - the Midwest Chapter | Main | Thar she blows! »

Preparing for the final

My incomplete paper is already 15 pages long, including bibliography. Ouch! It is also filled with footnotes and I am wondering how to integrate those here without manually linking them all - not to mention how I loathe the end not which is what I think I will have resort to with MovableType.

Scholars of popular culture studies have demonstrated the research value of oft maligned “low” culture as indicators of socio-political and historical trends as well as realities. Publisher Open Court’s Popular Culture and Philosophy series began in the early 2000s and has earned economic success. It’s The Simpsons and Philosophy: the D’oh of Homer (2002) scored both syllabus status and student approval with one reporting: “wow, I probably wouldn’t have remembered the different character types [of] Aristotle, but now this is going to stick with me.” The Journal of Popular Culture, alone, published in 2008 articles on physical difference and disability, the science and military actions, and international exchange as they appear in popular culture. The War Body on Screen and The Aesthetics of Violence in Contemporary Media and Secret Identity Crisis: Comic Books and the Unmasking of Cold War America are among the newest releases highlighted by the Continuum Pop Culture 2008-2009 catalog.
Libraries, archives, and museums have answered by creating and promoting collections and exhibitions of pop art, under-ground rock, and pulp novels among other popular culture artifacts. One example crossing institutional and genre boundaries, the Bob Dylan’s American Journey, 1956-1966, an Experience Music Project exhibition, toured to the Weisman Art Museum, the Skirball Cultural Center, as well as the Morgan Library & Museum. While increasingly excelling at acquiring and preserving

Natalie Danford, “Pop Goes Philosophy,” Publishers Weekly 250 no. 5 (3 Feb 2003), 22.
Jeffrey K. Johnson, The Visualization of the Twisted Tongue: Portrayals of Stuttering in Film, Television, and Comic Books, JPC 41:2 (April 2008), 262-280; Scott C. Zeman, “‘Taking Hell’s Measurements’: Popular Science and Popular Mechanics Magazines and the Atomic Bomb from Hiroshima to Bikini,” JPC 41:4 (August 2008), 695-711; Heidi Netz Rupke and Grant Blank, “‘Country Roads’ to Globalization: Sociological Models for Understanding American Popular Music in China,” JPC 42:1 (February 2009), 126-146.
Ed. by Karen Randell and Sean Redmond, The War Body on Screen, 2008. Includes sections on ‘the body of the soldier’ and ‘the body of the terrorist.’
Gwyn Symonds, The Aesthetics of Violence in Contemporary Media, 2008. Uses cross-analyses to review violence and audience reception.
Matthew J. Costello, Secret Identity Crisis: Comic Books and the Unmasking of Cold War America, 2009. “…follows the trajectory of the breakdown of the Cold War consensus after 1960 through the lens of superhero comic books.” p. 64 of catalog.
Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum, University of Minnesota, [Exhibits], http://www.weisman.umn.edu/exhibits/BobDylan/home.html, c2004, (accessed 19 April 2009).

darnit, superscripts lost....