Why is accessibility using css important or not important for your current web design project?

are you serious?

Ugh. It's important because our website is mainly used for grants and it's important to get the right information, and easily.

Digital billiboards

Duluth city council is discussing limiting digital billboards. Should digital billboards be regulated?

First off it's wasted energy to keep that thing running with crappy ads that crowd that thing.
Secondly digital billiboards may have good intentions but if it draws too much attention it could potentially endanger people's lives if they are constantly looking at it.

FONT/WEB

What is a good font for web / interactive design?

well the universal standard is verdana isn't it?
It is overused, same with Arial.

trebuchet MS could be a good candidate, or a serif font like Georgia.

Kiosk

A kiosk I have found is the AGFA photo kiosk. It's not competely accurate and sometimes people don't press around the correct area causing miss prints/missed photos. The buttons are too small, and the interface lacks. It was a very simple interface yet somehow people still managed to not be able to work it properly.

pros - you don't have to deal with the customer face to face.
big con - doesn't work all the time.

Assignment three... or two?

Our assignment was to blah de daa a website and blah this. My partner was Laurie Lawrence, the woman who has more years of experience in graphic design than I've lived my life. I humbly accepted the request of being her partner and apparently she "strong armed me" into the tourism websites. OUCH! I think I was late to class..

anyways we evaluated three sites, took notes and Laurie developed a very well done layout of the websites, and notes all in one for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

are you sure you want to do it? It could lead to bad things.

second lifeeeeee

I'm not particularily interested in Second Life however I do feel that the interactive qualities are probably going to exist further in the design world. I don't really know what else to say about Second Life. I don't know too much about it except what I've been introduced to by Anthony.

I've never been into a lot of 3D animated graphics aside from Steve Hilyard's class I took. 3D Digital Studio I. I did well and understand the properies, and how it's a lot more advanced and appropriate for now and days however I just appreciate the other D's and not so much partial to the 3D.

I don't make any sense and my writing is an atrocity. I'm going to stop now.

shockwave.com

I played the game Collapse. It doesn't take much skill to really play the game but it's amusing nonetheless. You just have to know how to push a button fast, and make sure you can tell which color is which, unless you're color blind or stupid.. hahah ZING!

I think the interface was fine and easy to use. Shockwave is known to have dynamic games, and easy to use interfaces. Navigation on the other hand could be adjusted but that's not a super big deal. It's pretty straight foward anyways.

assignment one click away!

Assigment one was to familiarize ourselves with terms that are apart of interactive design. I asked if we should post them to the blogs, and thus the wrath of the death stares and unpleasant thoughts from my classmates made it apparent that I made it more complicated however it would easier if people just linked the pages they recieved the resouce from. Anthony never mentioned in what form we needed really show that sources, just to know that we saw them, and got it from a source. Click on the links in the extended entry and you will see where my resources are.

Continue reading "assignment one click away!" »

Logically impaired

I swear that's me unless there is just something I'm not doing right. I am trying to edit the CSS for my template but it's not welcoming my efforts into changing just a few properties I'd like to customize for my comfort.

Seriously. This is bullshit.

EDIT: I fixed it. I just had to refresh my page each time I had changes to the page. Damn.. that was way too simple.

test.. is this thing on?

What is Interactive Design?

Interactive design utilizes usability and interface compatability with structure and other aesthetics. It helps create an enviornment in which a user can easily navigate their way through information, and other purposes that don't require a lot of difficulty.

What do you want to learn in the course?

I want to learn more CSS, JAVA, Perl, xml. Anything really. I just want to learn something useful.

What applications / programming languages do you know or want to learn?

I've used Flash, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Imageready for designing and coding. I've used notepad to code my own pages, and now I've just learned a little bit about blogging software. I've also dabbled in CSS but I don't feel I'm comfortable in creating pages out of CSS.

Continue reading "test.. is this thing on?" »