« Presentation Styles | Main | Volunteering – 04/16/08 »

Volunteering – 04/09/08

Back at Cityview and we’re working on homework again. Most of the kids have a math worksheet to do, multiplication and division with word and picture problems. One student who I had noticed is usually alone – who doesn’t talk much but still isn’t that quiet because of his constant wondering and fiddling – seemed to be having trouble with the math worksheet. I offered to help but he wouldn’t even respond to me, so I let him be. I went around briefly answering questions from other students, then went back to the first student to see if he would accept any help this time. He seemed annoyed with me and basically told me to leave him alone, so I did. I began to help a student sitting close to him. Something must have made the first student change his mind because as I went through the worksheet with the other student he asked several times for my help. I went back and forth between the two students, and once the second student had all the help he needed I sat down with the first student and we finished the worksheet.