Wrapping UP

I have really enjoyed this course. I know I have been behind on technology because I haven't taken the time to learn what is out there. This was great. I love lists so my favorite exercise was developing the "To Do List" . This course will help me in my everyday work beause I learned most of these technologies are easy to use. I also have a much better understanding of blogs. I feel blogs would work much better then the discussion section on our portals.

What surprised me the most was all the technologies that were available for no cost. Flicker will be great for uploading pictures and google docs has a lot of potential for when I do projects with others.
I don't want to give the lame answer of "I wouldn't change anything", but in this case I really would not. I liked being able to complete it on my own time. The time frame was nice and each unit only took a short time to complete. I liked this better than having fewer lessons that took longer.

I would definetely take a course like this again. I hope you do it at least 1 or 2 times a year as technologies change so quickly.

Thanks again. This has been very helpful!!

Last weeks assignment

I love UMConnect and have been using it for about 2 years when I do conference calls with the NEAs in my area. It works well and it easy to use. I recently started using it when working on a document with others on a conference call. I could make the changes and everyone was able to view what I was doing when I shared my screen.

Twittering

Right now I don't see myself doing a lot of twittering. It seemed to "choppy" to me. I guess I still like things in sentence form. I plan to set up a UM IM which will be nice to quickly communicate with others. I have really enjoyed using the to list I put together a few weeks ago. Now I would like to jazz up my blog page with some graphics.

Social Networking

I found the study to be interesting and can see where it could be used with NEP. The youth librarian at our library has been talking or how she could use Facebook or MySpace to connect with the youth...interesting to see other libraries are already doing it. I also found the mayo site interesting, but wonder who will continue to maintain all these sites on an ongoing basis.

I have really enjoyed the ToDoList site from last week.

Getting organized

I really liked this week's lesson as I enjoy getting organized. I tried both RTM and Todolist. I prefered the To do List because I liked the subcategories better. I was glad I had finished a project earlier in the week, so felt I could take some time to get my to do list set up.

Wikis

I can see where the Wikis could replace some of the items I currently put on the NEA portal for my area. This would allow NEAs to more freely include their ideas.

Got a bit behind

I enjoyed the audio last week, but never got here to blog my notes. I did the feeds for NPR podcasts. Now I just need to listen to them!

Photo Up

My 4 year old likes to imitate the PBS Word Girl. She flies around the house saying "Word Up". Uploading a photo to Flickr was easy and makes me think of "Photo Up". The one problem I ran into was adding tags to the photo. I did not know how to add more then one tag. I did finally figure it out.

Moving On

RSS feeds are new to me. I can see where it will be helpful, but I can also see how a person will need to manage their time so they do not get to caught up in all the great information that comes through. I've never noticed the RSS feeds before, put I'm sure I will be noticing them a lot more now. I found it quite easy to subscribe to the feeds.

Getting started

This is my first blog entry. This seemed easy. I'm looking forward to learning more technologies in the weeks ahead.