Day 2

Last night, as I was looking ahead to today (Monday), I realized I didn't take out a beef roast in enough time to thaw. My plans were to flip flop the Tuesday and Monday dinner menus. I got home from work late and Kurt and the girls had been in town running errands so walked in the door just a few minutes before I got home. Since it was already past our regular meal time and everyone was hungry and tired, I took the easy way out and made mac and cheese. I made it from scratch so I like to think it is a little healthier than the boxed version. The next two days are really hectic too so I'm thinking I should have started this another week, but the reality is most families are busy.

Since I didn't do the evening menu as listed, the only item I needed to prepare was the potato soup. I made it on Sunday evening. I thought it tasted good. I did add some salt and pepper though as the recipe didn't call for either. It is a very basic potato soup. The one from the Iowa Calendar tastes better. Here are the ratings for the potato soup:

Sarah = ate school lunch
Ella = smiley face
Mary = smiley face
Kurt = sad face. Kurt didn't think it had any flavor.

The next two days will probably stray from the menu. Hopefully, I'll get back on track the rest of the week.

The busy-ness seems so often the issue, doesn't it? I'll have to check out the recipe on the Iowa State Calendar:)!

This page contains a single entry by Mary Schroeder, MPH, RD published on February 28, 2011 8:50 PM.

Shopping Day was the previous entry in this blog.

Day 3-Tuesday is the next entry in this blog.