Day 9 - Mixed reviews

I admire people who are able to keep up with a daily blog. As you can tell, I'm not doing very good at it. So here are my catch up entries.
Tonight was baked fish, Cuban bean, and brown rice. Kurt and I had looked at the menu before I left for work. We decided just to do the brown rice and not the Cuban beans as it seemed a bit much to have the beans and the rice. I was starving when I got home, only to discover Kurt forgot brown rice takes longer to cook. We usually try and keep some instant brown rice on hand, but didn't have any tonight. We did have instant white rice. The fish was baked fish with lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. Needless to say the rice and fish were both very white!
Kurt and I gave the fish a smiley face. We did prefer the Baked Spicy Fish from last week better. Sarah gave it a straight face. She ate it, but thought it was rather tasteless. Ella didn't try it. If you haven't figured it out, Ella is at the stage of not trying new foods. She used to eat anything and everything. Sarah is now growing out of this phase so I know this too shall pass.
The recipe for Cuban Beans looks good so I will have to give it a try in the future. The main ingredients are black beans and green peppers.

This page contains a single entry by Mary Schroeder, MPH, RD published on March 9, 2011 8:33 PM.

Week 2 - Day 8 - Peppers were great was the previous entry in this blog.

Day 10 - Doing Our Best is the next entry in this blog.