Joel Heine

My name is Joel Heine and I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota. I am 19 years old and I am from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I applied to go to college here, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. In the end it was a tough decision, but I like the fact that there is a big city here and the campus is really nice as well. When I got here I ended up joining a fraternity. I never expected myself to join one, but I looked into the Greek system with an open mind and decided that it would be for me. There are a lot of stereotypes and rumors out there about fraternities, but almost all of them are not true. Joining was probably the best decision I have made so far, and I now have 60 guys that I trust with my life.
When it comes to academics at the University, I am not exactly sure what direction to go in. When I first arrived I wanted to go into the medical field. Since then I have decided that I want to apply to the Carlson School of Management. I really like the way that they help their students get nice jobs right after college. Also, I think I want to major in entrepreneurial management and finance, with a possible minor in leadership. I know it might seem like a lot, but I think I have the work ethic and drive to become successful. I have two older brothers and both of them are very successful so I have a lot of work to do to be on their level. Other than that I am a pretty normal kid. I love Wisconsin sports so I am really happy that the Packers are playing so well this year. Also, I still love the badgers and I will always root for them to do well.