Recently in American Category

3. Red Stag

Red Stag-- great steak, disgustingly high price. And I can't stand snooty wait staff; I mean at the Red Stag they're nice, but why do I get the feeling that they are always ready to start pouting, like I'm an over paid bankster and I'm going to throw a bailout tantrum or start a food fight or something? Maybe their underwear is a little too tight,... or lacy... Don't get me wrong, this doesn't happen just at Red Stag; it happens at any restaurant where the main courses are above $15. If you go into a good restaurant with reasonable prices, you get served by waits who like the food, and they probably aren't abused. Much better atmosphere.

Again, don't get me wrong. The food was good, and I'd go again....if someone else pays. Maybe you can get some TARP funds?

Bulldog (northeast)

Grab a tall chair or sit outside. Watch the game on TV (if you must) - but no matter where you sit the food is tasty and inexpensive. I'm talking about the Bulldog. Check it out, dude. I hear it gets busy at night, especially before the games, but for lunch it's a great spot if you have a few minutes to get there and back. Service is friendly and fast. (oh, and if you do go over there after work, they have a lot of beers to choose from).

This page is an archive of recent entries in the American category.

Afghani is the previous category.

Asian is the next category.