Posterous can be really helpful if you manage multiple blogs or if you want one post to go out to your blog, Twitter, and other social networking accounts.
In order to allow Posterous to communicate with your UThink blog, it needs to know your password. This is NOT your University password. It's called a Web Services Password. If you didn't know you had one, here's where you find it:
- Log into UThink: http://blog.lib.umn.edu
- In the upper right corner, it will say "Hi, [your name]!" Click on that.
- Scroll down to the Preferences section. Next to Web Services Password, you'll see that you've already been given a password automatically (most likely). Whether you see black dots or just a blank field, go ahead and clear that field and enter your own password. You can also click "Reveal" to see what's it's currently set to.
- Save Changes
- Log into your Posterous account
- You should see four tabs: Posts, Pages, People, and Autopost. Click on Autopost.
- Click on Add a Service
- If you're asked to choose the service to set up for autoposting, choose "Movable Type."
- Now you have three fields to fill out.
- Blog URL: [example: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/heinz062/uthink-forum]
- Username or Email Address: For UThink, it's just your x500 without "@umn.edu". [example: heinz062]
- Password: [This is your Web Services Password]
- Click "Link", and you should be set!