Digital Workshop (Notes for Lesson Plans)

October 13th (Work Time with Students)

Today I was in the Tweed showing the students camera less animation techniques. When they came in we had a table set up with flipbooks, our presentation, and supplies to make flipbooks. I briefly described that we were going to make flipbooks out of 5-10 note cards. I told them to concentrate on transforming themselves in to something new. We then split up and sat with small groups of kids and helped them with their books. We were a little rushed for time because someone was using the room before we got there. They worked for about 7 min then had to move on to the computer animation. After they left we tried to get people wandering around the Tweed to come and learn about flipbooks with us. We only got a Dad and a boy to join us. They were very enthused. They each made a flipbook and we made thaumetropes with them.

 

Oct. 15th (Class Workday)

Today we split in to groups and had to come up with a fairytale and then make it new age by adding our own spin to it. It also had to concentrate on transformation. I ended up picking Pinocchio. I made up a simple visual plan that has us focusing on transformers, Roy Lichtenstein, and comic books. 

 

Oct. 20th (Work Time With Sutdents)

Tiffany and I got together with our two kids and we had them draw the main characters on to note cards. We then had them go in to the computers and try to re create them in Photoshop. One of the boys scanned his in to the computer and started drawing over it while the other girl drew from hand. They both worked fairly slowly and we found that we weren't sticking to our main plan of Roy Lichtenstein style of work.

 

Oct. 22nd (Class Work Time)

Tiffany and I had to figure out our problems from the previous class so we decided to story board our ideas out in to a more elaborate storyboard. We also went in to the computer and found images to go with our ideas. We decided that our other mode of animation would be through claymation. Over the weekend our plan was to create our visual poster, start some of the Photoshop images, and have a solid plan for Tuesday.


Oct. 27th (Work with Students

Today we started putting together some of our characters. Tiffany and i separated off and worked with the kids separately thinking that we would be able to get more done. I realized that either way the kids would work very slowly. I think that they weren't as comfortable in photoshop as we would have liked.

Oct. 29th (In Class Work time)

Today Tiffany and I both recognized that we were going to have to work alot outside of class to get everything done. We also needed to figure out what other type of animation we were going to incorporate in to our movie. We decided upon claymation. We were going to make the claymation objects and also keep working on the backgrounds so the students could solely work on the animation.

Nov. 3rd (Work with Students)

Today we spent half of the class time with students making a claymation. We had them manipulate a clay godizila so that it looked like it would melt. We encountered a problem with not being able to print our background so we had to do it all on a green screen and then we would have to delete the background one by one. We proceeded on to work on the final animations with the students.


Nov. 5th (In Class Work Time)

We put together our claymation pictures and made our animation. We were also given a run through on how to put all of our animations in to IMovie HD. We then finished up the last bits of our animations.


Nov. 10th (Work Time With Students)

Today we worked with the students in IMovie HD. We decided that both of the kids should be able to make their own separate movies. They each put the clips in to IMovie and then we added the transistions and sounds. It took most of the class to do all that. I then wrote down what the student wanted more of in the movie so I could work on it before next class.

Nov. 12th (In Class Work Time)

Our movies were due in class today. I went back trough the movie and added sub titles so the movie would be more cohesive. We got to view the movie in class and everything turned out.


Nov. 17th (Show and Tell)

Today we got to preview the students hard work with them and their families. I also ran the sand animation station where we worked on some transformations. The preview of the movies was a huge success!


About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by heisl018 published on October 25, 2009 7:25 PM.

Camera-less Animation was the previous entry in this blog.

Digital Workshop is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Pages

Powered by Movable Type 4.31-en