« Chronicles in Gopher football recruiting '08 | Main | Not good for my hometown Jacksonville Jaguars!! »

Football Banquet

Though the Minnesota Golden Gophers did not have the season that was expected, the end for the 2007 senior class was a bang. The team had the banquet Sunday December 9th. It was a fashionable event that had every player in some form of shirt and tie. The senior class wore maroon and black tuxedos. The event allowed every senior to speak and voice their words of wisdom. Listening to every senior speak, some had good things to say and some felt the urge to be a comedian on the microphone. There were 16 active seniors and 17 including Brandon Owens that sustained a career ending injury. I thought it was a great setup for every senior to feel important. The food was nice and there was 3 courses for the meal. The inspirational speaker Desi Williamson was a great addition to the program. I think Desi spoke from his heart and he proved in a short time why he been inducted into the Speaker's Hall of Fame. He was uplifting to every player and coach. There were numerous awards given out and they were well deserved. I was also proud to