Protest Music Teach-In on Wednesday!

An event too important to miss!
Concerned about the environment?
Love live music presentations?
Our program has it all!

Teach in on Protest and Environmental Music

Wednesday, April 17, 2013
4:00-5:00 pm
280 Ferguson Hall, West Bank Campus

4:00 to 4:20 p.m.: The band, Lynhurst, featuring University of Minnesota students Jacob and Matt Abdo, will perform "Greenback Dollar" and "The Times They are a Changin'." A group of students from the freshmen seminar class in COMM 1901, Environmental Communication, will lead a discussion.

4:20 to 4:40 p.m.: Two students from COMM 1901 will perform two classical pieces, followed by a discussion on classical music as protest music.

4:40 to 5:00 p.m.: Mark Pedelty's band will perform "Dump the Bosses Off Your Back" and one original song. Included will be a discussion of music as environmental protest.

Co-sponsored by the Libraries. Free and open to the public.
Refreshments, too!
Join us!

More, have more teach-ins. We just found out (and missed it) thru the Daily Circuit and twitter.

Thanks for doing thos one

I went to the Teach In and thought it as really cool. I didn't think the Libraries did stuff like this. Will you do it again? Maybe on environmental activism or other stuff. I'm sure students would support this.

Hey, You've done a fantastic job. I'll absolutely yahoo this and also privately advocate so that you can my pals. I am certain will have them taken advantage of this excellent website.