Welcome to my website!

Working in a research environment both allows and requires me to keep up with trends in information design, presentation, use and value. As a strong supporter of Open Access, I have been strongly encouraged (and needled) to providing better access to my own writings and opinions as well as allowing for a more public discussion of some of the issues, products and trends that fascinate me.

I hope whoever finds this will also find value - and feel free to include your own postings and comments.

Enjoy!

Welcoming the Society for Disability Studies to the Twin Cities!!
This week the Society for Disability Studies (the premier DS organization internationally), is meeting here in the Twin Cities! I…
Playing the Numbers: NISO/NASIG Focus On Best Practices for Library Usage Statistics
In the past, libraries - and other institutions - had limited information on which to base decisions about their services,…
Scribd and Smashwords Working to Build New Publishing/Distribution Models for Ebooks
Finding new ways to publish or distribute ebooks is an issue of major concern for authors - many of whom…