Amazon's Squeeze on Booksellers Leads to Boycotts and Protests

Amazon is making serious moves to consolidate its position in North America and other English-language markets - and even moving strategically into Spanish-, Italian- and French-speaking areas of the world.

In the U.S. they have been working to mould the book distribution system to fit its goals for a streamlined, cost-containment model. In March they worked to freeze out IPG - an important publishing support network for smaller presses - while adding on alternative independent publishing groups. I wrote about it in a NewsBreak for Information Today.

Today, there is no company that approaches the position or power of Amazon in the evolving 21st century publishing arena. For better or worse, Amazon is a power to behold - and watch carefully!

Amazon is a company that has done most things right to build its power, reputation and customer loyalty.

Great article! Thank you for the post.

Thanks for posting this. I thoroughly liked your writeup.

Ah man. This site is sick! How did you make it look like this! I am talking about Sick as in good man.

Hey there, I am so grateful I found your blog. I'm really appreciating the time and effort you put into your website and in depth information you provide. It has been extremely generous with you in giving easily just what many people would have made available as an e-book in order to make some bucks for themselves, primarily given that you could possibly have done it if you ever wanted. Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your site. You have some really good articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to provide some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Thanks! BTW, Grab Free Online Article Rewriter Download

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?