Three Publishers Settle in Apple Pricing Collusion Case

Ebooks continue to grow in popularity and market share for books. Bookboon.com, which "publishes free and openly available eBooks for students and business professionals," released a survey of student opinions on etextbooks September 11th, finding that almost 97% of students believe texts are too expensive and 76% don't always buy required texts. 58% preferred etexts, believing them to be cheaper and easier to carry around.

Bookboon.com's Thomas Buus Madsen noting that "American students are at least a couple of years ahead of the European counterparts. In countries like Germany, the U.K., and the Netherlands, between 30 and 40 percent of students prefer digital textbooks, but most are still stuck on old-fashioned paper. This is partly because ereaders and e-textbooks are less available" in Europe, Madsen added. "Additionally, publishers, professors, and universities in Europe are less active in promoting and adopting the use of e-textbooks compared to the USA."

I was asked to cover the latest chapter in the Apple - Big 5 Publisher collusion case for NewsBreaks from Information Today and it was published this morning. You might want to give it a look - and feel free to share your ideas and comments!

I love my ebooks but I don't think any company should control both the devices and the ebook sales channels.

Good piece! Thank you!

Ebooks need a shake-down. Amazon controls major distribution of ebooks along with a proprietary platform in their device. Apple's iOS is proprietary and they control access to titles through iTunes/iBookstore.

I'm hoping for another lawsuit. Whatever happened to the B&N-Microsoft Newco that you wrote about once?

We need healthy competition overall here.

Perfectly pent written content, Really enjoyed reading.

Nice! Three Publishers Settle in Apple Pricing Collusion Case - Information on a Stick. thanks for letting myself add something! scrapebox

Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, appreciate it. "To be positive To be mistaken at the top of one's voice." by Ambrose Bierce.

Simply wanna say that this is very beneficial , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

I really needed to compose a little note saying thanks to you for a few of the nice strategies you are showing on this site.

Gday, We've been to your webpage plenty of instances. I found out about it right from my partner. I made up my mind to put up a comment. We really like a silly joke; for that reason We contemplated providing a good joke with you and also your followers.

Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Virtually all of the things you claim is astonishingly appropriate and it makes me wonder why I hadn't looked at this in this light previously. This particular piece really did turn the light on for me as far as this specific topic goes. However there is actually one factor I am not too comfy with so whilst I try to reconcile that with the central idea of the position, let me observe just what all the rest of the visitors have to point out.Well done.

I visited a lot of website but I think this one contains something special in it. "Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." by Henrik Tikkanen.

Iˇ¦ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So iˇ¦m happy to exhibit that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most surely will make certain to do not put out of your mind this web site and provides it a glance regularly.