Meng Unique

I'm not going to lie, I'm unique. How many other college counselors can say that they will wake up at 4:00 AM to drive and be happy with that. How many other people in general can survive on energy drinks and run on 3 hours of sleep and be happy with that? I woke up on Tuesday the 19th at 4:00 AM from my stationed hotel in Oakbrook Terrace to drive to Milwaukee for the National Hispanic College Fair to avoid traffic. I like to make my life easier by not having to live out of a suit case, and I don't want to drive at night. Either way you look at it, I will be driving in the dark. I just prefer to do it in my elements. I made it to the fair in Milwaukee fine and was so happy to see peeps that I recognize again from MnACC. I did meet a couple of new Wisconsin counselors that has never been to Chicago before. I did the right thing by warning them with my terrible stories. Even after all that I found out later that they had a tough time with traffic in Chicago. Poor gals, I bet they don't sign up for Chi-Town again.

On this day, I spent almost 15 dollars in tolls just traveling from my hotel (western suburbs) to Milwaukee, back down through the cities into the southern burbs for the college fair. Wow, I continue to not like tolls. The next day was almost as bad. I woke up at 4:00 AM to go to Rockford, that means leaving the city perimeter and then weaving through it again on the way back into the heart of Chicago. Lots of coins found a new home that day. I did meet Ryan Jordan from Duluth though, it was fun to speak with him again. He thought it was funny how I found dinner.

So before that Palatine fair, I had a few hours to burn. I have never been to an official sushi restaurant before and it being payday, I decided to try it out, alone. Before that, the only sushi I have ever had was at China Buffets and they have them ready made for you to pick from. This time, I went in and had no clue what to do. The server knew little English and there was a communication problem. I picked out a few options (3) and thought they would be good for starters. I did not know that picking 3 options means 3 complete rolls of sushi. So that was my dinner right there and I don't care what anyone says about how much they like sushi but a complete dinner of just sushi will make anyone sick. This place charges if you don't eat everything you order. Yea, I got really sick after that. I tried the free seaweed soup hoping that something warm will help me, except it only made it worst.

I promise myself not to go to a sushi restaurant alone again. Ryan did promise to take me out during the MnACCs for sushi. I think he has a good grasp on what he's doing; I hope next time I won't be so sick from raw seafood.