« Wayne Caron, counselor to families in pain | Main | Insights out of Sorrow »

Wayne Caron Obituary

Caron, Dr. Wayne age 51, of New Hope, Minneapolis/St. Paul. Lecturer and Teaching Professor at the U of M. Therapist, Author. Survived by son, Christopher and his mom, Pam Mitman; mother, Ruth Caron; brothers, Dick (Celia), Dan, Jack (Denise), Ron (Shelly); sister, Linda (Larry) Stull; many nieces and nephews, relatives and friends. Visitation Tuesday, 6-9 pm with memory sharing 8 pm at Gearty-Delmore Robbinsdale Chapel, 39th and W. Broadway. Service information for Wednesday is pending and will be announced in Tuesday's paper. "First I'm a father. Then I'm a therapist. Next I'm a teacher. Then a scientist. But mostly a friend." Gearty Delmore 763-537-4511
Published in the Star Tribune from 8/26/2007 - 8/27/2007.

I just found about about Wayne's death yesterday and am quite saddened. I was a student in several of his classes while at the U of M. He was a great teacher, friendly, funny, inspiring, and always willing to help others. After graduation, I worked in assisted living for a short time and certainly was thankful for his classes and knowledge he taught. Now I am in Boston and didn't find out about his death until recently. My thoughts and prayers are with family, friends and everyone now as we approach the holidays and a difficult time for those who are morning the death of loved ones. I will always be thankful for the wonderful things and experiences that Wayne has provided both me and hundreds of others as former students and colleagues of his. Thanks!