« Reflections from Trish Olson | Main | Words From Lois Pearson »

Words From Jan Hogan

Wayne was a master teacher for many of us and he was also a wonderful colleague in Family Social Science. You could always count on his wisdom and generosity, his creativity and humor, and his note-taking even during the most boring faculty meetings. Wayne will be greatly missed--we have a big hole in Family Social Science's heart. The visitation and funeral were helpful in our healing. My prayers continue for Chris and his family.

Jan Hogan (Lake Elmo, MN)

Jan-
Your comment about note-taking during even the "most boring faculty meetings" made me laugh! I bought a little notebook to start taking notes and making observations about life like Wayne did. I brought that little notebook with me to his funeral service--and took notes! (I hope the priest didn't mind!)
What dawned on me was that Wayne not only 'took' notes, but he also took time to review them, ponder them, and thus he was probably more able to make greater connections and accomplish so much in his life. I've committed to taking the time to review my notes, so that I may truly reflect and act on what I learn, and hopefully make a difference in the world someday too!