« Words From Caela Ready | Main | Words From Laura Deuberry »

Words From Sara Lassig

Wayne was an amazing man who touched countless lives, as clearly evidenced by these postings. Five years ago, while enrolled in an out of state graduate program I was unhappy in, I googled “family caregiving,� and found Wayne and the Family Caregiving Center. He invited me to attend a Saturday morning group and come to meet him. That 6 hour drive to make the visit was life changing. I watched Wayne interact with family caregivers and individuals with dementia, and watched the true meaning of “family caregiving� play out right before my eyes. After being mesmerized for an hour by his kind, compassionate, and understanding interactions with these families, I knew this was the graduate program I would come to. I will be forever grateful for the experiences I was able to have as a facilitator in the Family Caregiving Center, as Wayne’s teaching assistant, and as a student of Wayne’s. He truly gave voice to those with little voice, and gave hope to those who saw little. It was a true gift to know such a great man.

My deepest sympathy to Wayne’s family at this monumental loss.

Sara Lassig (Roseville, MN)