« Words from Kathryn Mitchell | Main | Note from Karen Irvin »

Note from Szu-Yi Peng

I knew Wayne from the very beginning of my time in the Family Social Science department. He interviewed me when I was applying to the MFT program. I thank him for presenting my case to the faculty and got me admitted to the program. Wayne invited me to do co-therapy in his private practice and be invovled in the Family Caregiving Center, when he knew that I needed some clinical hours to complete my master's requirement. I thank him for reaching out his hands to me when help was very much needed. After I completed my hours, I stopped going to the FCC for a period of time. But he continued to check in with me about how I was doing. I thank him for genuinely showing that he cared about me as an international student in the program. When I decided not to TA for him because of personal reason and he needed to find someone else in the last minute, he supported me through my difficult time even if I created inconveniences in his work. I thank him for his understanding and great encouragement.

I may not be able to pay Wayne back directly for what he did for me, but I will definitely carry on what he has taught me about being a daughter, a student, a therapist, and a teacher. His spirit will definitely be living in my heart forever.

Szu-Yi Peng (St. Paul, MN)

As I site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.