Lives Cut Short | Main | The Loaves and the Fishes

Friday Cat Blogging - Introducing Shadow

Shadow2.jpg

After my first Friday Cat Blogging post 2 weeks ago about Pookie, the other members of the tribe have been yowling, "Me next!!" Shadow yowled longest and loudest, so here he is...

Whereas Pookie exudes gravitas and stateliness (see July 29 entry), Shadow communicates, "Here I am, here I am, love me, love me, pet me, feed me, aren't I great?" He's our "in your face" kittie, but oh so loveable and vulnerable. When I work in my study upstairs, he might sit in the hallway and wail -- until I reassure him, "I'm here. It's OK. Come on over." It works every time. He climbs on my shoulder for a long hug, nuzzles against my face and glasses, and purrs contentedly.

When one of his compatriots is getting attention, Shadow will surely be up and claiming HIS attention within 20 seconds. He doesn't settle down too easily, but as he gets older, he is willing to slow down a bit, especially if he's getting his tummy rubbed while watching TV in the den. But he's plenty rambunctious too - loving to chase others in the tribe all over the house. They they lay down together, groom each other, and fall asleep for hours. It's quite a show.

Shadow1.jpg

Posted by hgroteva at August 12, 2005 1:32 AM | Cats

Quite a show...and quite a life. My family members have all agreed that if we are given a second time around, we are hopeful for reincarnation as a cat. Of course not any cat...this comes with the caveat that our "people" know to treat us in the manner we (and our friends) have always done with our adored felines. It appears that Shadow might have made this wish at some point in history!

Posted by: Heather at August 13, 2005 12:47 AM

Yay, cat pictures! We have an "in your face" kitty, too. He even greets us at the door when we come home. We call him our dog-cat. Thanks for sharing...

Posted by: Carrie at August 17, 2005 11:05 AM